Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Mystery of Authenticating

As I previously mentioned, I am new to estate sales. My most recent outing was an hour south of where I live in Port Charlotte, FL. Now, I've got to send a big thank you to the state of Florida. It may be where most people go to retire, but its also where many wonderful elderly people live who cherish treasures from the past.
On this outing, I picked out a few things. A couple blouses, my husband got a neat light meter for a camera, and I found this lovely little purse.
It features a lovely little sage green velvety exterior. It's rather small for my standards (I like to bring my entire life around town with me), but it's great for a night out on the town. To my moderately trained eye, it gave off a fourties vibe, which I loved.
I open up the little devil and lo and behold...
It's a genuine Lederer de Paris. Now...on to the research...
Turns out they still have a webpage, so they're still in business. Making high end items costing near $1000 a piece! Could my little beauty even be worth a fraction of this?
There are no others like it on ebay. I have enlisted friends on Vintage Network, but nothing yet. Is it possible one of you have the answer?

See you soon,

L

2 comments:

  1. Hello:)I found your blog through Fifties Fever.
    Wow you have the most gorgeous eyes!I luv your style &i have added your shop to my etsy favourites.
    Do you ship to Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say, but I think the vintage snakeskin leather purses can fetch a couple of hundred dollars when in excellent condition. Good luck with your research :)

    ReplyDelete